His Star Is Rising

Today I am deeply honoured to do something for Henry the Young King's great-great-nephew, HM Edward II, one of England's most maligned kings. Edward is really lucky to have someone who, for nine years, has been doing a wonderful job for him, correcting all the misconceptions about him and showing how extraordinary person he really was (something that scarcely anyone is aware of). As it happens Ms Kathryn Warner- for she is Edward's guardian angel- has taken our Henry under her wing somewhere on the way, which we are extremely grateful for (we will never forget all the recommendations and links).


With enormous pleasure I would like to recommend the two-part BBC Two documentary, in which Kathryn appears talking about Edward and Piers Gaveston.

Part one is here.
Part two is here (you can see Kathryn at about 21 minutes).


What I find even more exciting is that Kathryn's biography of Edward will be published on 28 October 2014. I am so looking forward to reading it. It is now available on Amazon. You can see the cover here. It is absolutely beautiful, don't you think? And I love the title. As you are going to learn Edward WAS a very unconventional king. I sincerely do hope that Kathryn's book will be, no more no less, but a star vehicle for His Majesty!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely post, Kasia! I really appreciate your support and your kindness. And the work you do on Edward II's great-great-uncle Henry :) is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn! I'm really happy I can support Edward in some way :-)

      Delete
  2. It's so exciting isn't it Kasia? I can't wait until October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Anerje! I'm so looking forward to read it :-) And the publication date, 28 October, is my daughter's birthday :-) I guess I will never forget that Kathryn's book was published on that very day :-)

      Delete
  3. Good luck, Kathryn! I'm so fed up with the millionth biography of Ann Boleyn and 100,000th of Eleanor of Aquitaine when there are so many other historical figures that are overlooked, forgotten and misrepresented. So congratulations on taking this on. I hope you noticed my short essay on Edward II and the Templars that was published Jan. 3 on the English Historical Fiction Writer's Blog. Here's the link: http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot.com/2014/01/king-edward-ii-and-knights-templar.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Helena! I totally agree! Yes, I read and enjoyed your essay - excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray to Kathryn! Pre-ordered and can't wait to read the book! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helena, I still would like to read one and finite biography of Eleanor, without errors and misconceptions. Even Mr Turner's biography, by some considered to be the best written so far, contained some glaring errors. The author claimed, for instance, that Geoffrey le Bel DROWNED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn's book must be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it is! I can't wait to read it! Thank you for dropping by, Valentino :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts