Blog Break and Henry the Young King Recommendations

The Henry the Young King Blog is taking a break till around 15 August, but before we say "Goodbye!" there are a few Henry the Young King posts we would like you to read or re-read. Firstly, Charming, Vain, Idle Spendthrift in which I have made a heroic try to take a closer look at Henry's character; secondly, as the 13th July marked the anniversary of William I of Scotland's capture before the walls of Alnwick- the event that brought the Great Revolt of 1173-74 to an end- I would like to recommend my last year's post about it; thirdly, to learn what Henry's contemporaries thought about their young lord, here's my post A Lovely Place of Sin. I still can't believe that I was so lucky to come across the illumination depicting Henry at the coronation of Philippe Auguste. What a find! You can read about it here! Enjoy!

Ms. Marsha Lambert is Henry's guardian angel, but also a writer and reviewer. Here's her brilliant post about the writers of historical fiction we all admire and love, Elizabeth Chadwick and Sharon Kay Penman.

Don't forget about my blog on Polish history. You can find some interesting stuff there. Personally I would read the post about Frederick Barbarossa and the unruly Poles- the latter ones are, next to Henry, my favourite historical figures, the sons of BolesÅ‚aw Krzywousty [the Wrymouth]- but also my latest post about the Battle of Grunwald.

Comments

  1. I had no idea you have a blog about Polish history, too. *adds to her sidebar*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite a new one :-) Thank you for adding it to your blogroll. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the mention, dear friend. I am honored. I have shared on Sharon's page, her group page, my own page, and Elizabeth's page and group page. :) Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsha! I thoroughly enjoyed your posts about our favourite authors.

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy your time off, Kasia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very nice to hear from you, dear Stephanie! I'll try to write a few words in the near future (if my children let me :-)).

      Delete
  5. Thanks for all the links - enjoy your break:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anerje! I'm enjoying my break, thinking about a certain young king all the time ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts